Friday, February 17, 2012

WVIW Marriage Seminar Volunteers

[[posterous-content:pid___0]]WVIW hosts between 4 and 5 Marriage Seminars in prisons and for prison staff every year. Each marriage seminar is planned very similarly, however, each one turns out very uniquely. 

This uniqueness comes for a variety of reasons one of the main being our volunteers. 

Each volunteer comes to Worldwide Voice In the Wilderness from a different background and for several different reasons. I think it is safe to say that one attribute that is shared by ALL of our volunteers is that GOD has shown Himself to each volunteer in a HUGE way in their lives. 

A comment by a dear friend to our ministry this week made a huge impact in summing up what it means to be a volunteer for @wviw

There are those whose lives affect all others around them. Quietly touching one heart, who in turn, touches another. Reaching out to ends further than they would ever know. 

Below are a few comments from several Marriage Seminar Volunteers which may explain why they keep coming back to help us host these highly impactful seminars.

 

"I told God you Gotta show me how to change and boy did He show me." B.G.

"My self esteem was down below my toes. I was a very broken person who didn't think God could love me but He gave my life meaning and purpose. When everything was falling apart God didn't leave me." B.C.G.

"I love Jesus cause he let's me be me. I found out I could be a Christian and be myself." C.N.

"I love the Lord for delivering me and for saving me. He revealed himself to me over the years time, after time, after time. I didn't want to go the right direction but He boxed me in and didnt let me go." N.N.

"[When I grew Up] God was never spoken of unless it was in a curseword. I was in jail and I began to learn that God loved me and He wanted me. I was so bad and He still wanted meSo I will spend every day of my life loving him back." N.A.  

Thank you for your support and prayers for this ministry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...