Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Travel Companions by Travis Moffitt

“I shall be telling this with a sigh 
Somewhere ages and ages hence; 
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, 
I took the one less traveled by, 
And that has made all the difference.” 
-Robert Frost

Frost’s poem of choice and chance is very telling even these many decades after he penned the words. The Road Not Taken has become one of the most quoted poems in recent American poetic history. I believe not just because is excellent rhythm and rhyme, but because of its poignant truth: the path you choose today will make all the difference in your life tomorrow.
The part he leaves out is why that path impacts us so. Why does a journey change us? Why does one trail make us different and not just lead us to a different destination? I believe it has everything to do with our traveling companions. Frost calls it the “one less traveled by” implying that there were others who had gone that way. Others who would become his fellow sojourners. Others who would experience the same change as he.

I have found in life that as I journey for Jesus, the ones I journey with have a significant impact on how I am changed by the trail. Jesus said it this was in Matthew 4:19, “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.” The emphasis being on the “follow me” and the “making” of someone new.

At Worldwide Voice In the Wilderness we value life change. We also know that life change occurs as we walk out this ministry calling with faithful partners like you. As we minister alongside one another in a prison or on foreign soil we are each mutually made into someone new by the shared power of the Holy Spirit. You are made new and we are made new by one another. Co-laboring causes us to be co-made into a new creation in Christ Jesus. How wonderful!

Over the next 12 months WVIW will have several opportunities for you and I to work together to reach Neglected & Forgotten communities around the world. We will conduct several in-prison Marriage Seminars and international trips to places like Mexico, Honduras, England and India.  We invite you to come go with us. Come co-labor with us and let us discover together the God’s making of something new in our hearts.

Find out more at www.wviw.com

Travis Moffitt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...