Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hero of the Faith

Image

I just got off the phone with one of my dearest friends, Jorge Amador of El Progresso, Honduras.  I like to say he's my twin.  Sort of. 

Jorge hosts teams of missionaries from the US into Honduras and takes them to Cusuna.  He leaves his family for up to two weeks at a time to make the seven hour drive by bus.  He does this up to a dozen times a year.  This type of work makes it very difficult for him to find a regular job for income between these trips. 

Today he is traveling again with another team.  On march 28th he'll host Javier and I.  He has recently suffered several terrible life tragedies and yet he continues to serve.  He himself is in need of several basic  items yet on every call he speaks to me of a disabled lady who needs food.  He wants us to buy food for her.  I want to buy food for him.  

I've known Jorge since 2004 and I've never seen him put himself before others.  I've yet to hear him request aid for himself at the expense of others.  He truly has the heart of a servant. 

Part of our trip next week will include blessing Jorge.  I'm sure we will visit the lady he has spoken to us about.  I'm sure we will bless him by buying her some food.  I also know we will financially, emotionally, and spiritually bless Jorge.  After all, he is my friend and a true Hero of the Faith. 

If you would like to be a part of this blessing please pray for our trip.  We travel from March 28th through April 4th.  Please also consider supporting this effort.  We need to raise $2000 to complete our funding.  This will allow us to give to these and others in Honduras. 

Thank you and may God bless you. 

Travis Moffitt
Worldwide Voice In the Wilderness
wviw.com
Mobilizing Teams to Reach Neglected & Forgotten Communities Around the World

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...